Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
The BCB plans to host the BPL in January I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

The BCB plans to host the BPL in January

Go down

The BCB plans to host the BPL in January Empty The BCB plans to host the BPL in January

Post by Cricket_Mad Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm

The BCB plans to host the BPL in January 17e393655723ded392572b3ffbbe9f78-5d78d5bc5fd5b

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is in trouble over the organization of the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) due to the coronavirus pandemic. The seventh edition of BPL was held in January 2019. After that it was not possible for the BCB to organize another. However, the BCB is thinking of arranging BPL in January next year. This was stated by BCB Board Director Khaled Mahmud Sujon.

Initially, the BPL was scheduled to be held in November-December this year, but due to the busy schedule of the national team players throughout multiple series in home and abroad, and also due to the rapid spread of the coronavirus, it was not possible for the BCB to organize BPL this year.

However, the BCB plans to host the BPL early next year. In a video interview with the country's top national daily Kaler Kontho, Khaled Mahmood Sujon said, "We plan to start first, second and the third division cricket from November. Since we have a BPL date in January, the First-class cricket is also starting from October. We will also do Dhaka League but I don't think we can do anything before March, but we need to start the first, second and third division games.”

In 2019, on the occasion of the birth centenary of the Father of the Nation of Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, a special BPL was organized excluding regular franchisees. The tournament was organized with the sponsorship of the teams. After successfully organizing the tournament, BCB had decided to name the franchise based tournament as Bangabandhu BPL every year.

written by dailycricket.com.bd
Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum