Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career

Go down

Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career Empty Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career

Post by Cricket_Mad Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am

Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career Mali-1564063189186

Veteran Sri Lankan fast bowler Lasith Malinga has announced his retirement from T20I cricket, thus bringing an end to his long and illustrious playing career.

The 38-year old had earlier retired from Tests in 2011 and ODIs in 2019, and franchise cricket in January this year, and has now called it quits in the shortest format after being overlooked for the Sri Lanka squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Malinga, who has not played competitive cricket since March last year, announced his T20I retirement on his YouTube channel Tuesday, having won the 2014 T20 World Cup and ending with 107 wickets, currently the highest in T20Is.

File photo of Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga smiling during a training session in Colombo in 2019 AFP

The 38-year old had earlier retired from Tests in 2011 and ODIs in 2019, and franchise cricket in January this year

Veteran Sri Lankan fast bowler Lasith Malinga has announced his retirement from T20I cricket, thus bringing an end to his long and illustrious playing career.

The 38-year old had earlier retired from Tests in 2011 and ODIs in 2019, and franchise cricket in January this year, and has now called it quits in the shortest format after being overlooked for the Sri Lanka squad for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Malinga, who has not played competitive cricket since March last year, announced his T20I retirement on his YouTube channel Tuesday, having won the 2014 T20 World Cup and ending with 107 wickets, currently the highest in T20Is.

"Today is a very special day for me. I want to thank each and everyone who supported me throughout my T20 journey. Today I decide I want to give 100% rest for my T20 bowling shoes. I want to thank the Sri Lankan cricket board and team members. And Mumbai Indians cricket team, especially the team owners and officials," said Malinga.

" the team members and staff at Melbourne Stars, Kent, Rangpur Riders, Guyana Warriors, Maratha Arabians and Montreal Tigers. When I played with you all, I got many experiences through my cricketing journey.

"I want to share all my experience in the future, especially with young cricketers who want to play cricket who have dreams to play franchise cricket and with their national team. I feel I can share my experience with you all. Again, thanks a lot."

written by dhakatribune.com

Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down