Latest topics
» BPL 2024 Squad
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2023 12:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am by Cricket_Mad

» Pak to tour BD for 3 T20Is, 2 Tests
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 8:00 am by Cricket_Mad

» Malinga retires from T20Is to end playing career
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2021 7:49 am by Cricket_Mad

» জাতীয় দলে বাংলাদেশের কোচ চান মাশরাফি
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2021 12:37 pm by Cricket_Mad

» Shakib Al Hasan has started gold business
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2021 7:42 pm by Cricket_Mad

» The BCB plans to host the BPL in January
PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2021 6:40 pm by Cricket_Mad

PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports

Go down

PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports Empty PSL 7 to have auction instead of drafting: Reports

Post by Cricket_Mad Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:08 am

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) and Pakistan Super League (PSL) franchises are reportedly thinking about the possibility of using an auction method instead of drafting for the upcoming seventh edition of the marquee tournament, as reported by Cricket Pakistan.

PCB Chairman Ramiz Raja held his first meeting with the PSL franchises on Friday. He highlighted and appreciated the franchisees’ contribution in the growth, development, and promotion of Pakistan cricket, and assured the team owners that he remained committed to upscaling, enhancing, and strengthening the HBL PSL brand.

Raja also believes that an auction could attract top-tier cricketers in the PSL. Meanwhile, the franchises also informed the chairman about the financial losses they have suffered over the past six seasons and urged him to adopt a new financial model.

The financial reports have been kept confidential by the PCB. The officials also highlighted that they could come under the scrutiny from National Accountability Bureau (NAB) or Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) if they are not careful with the changes in the financial model.

Moreover, it has also been reported that Raja is also considering holding some of the PSL 8 matches in Gilgit-Baltistan, following the renovation of the local stadium.

Written by CricWick
Cricket_Mad
Cricket_Mad
Admin

https://sportsnogor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum